How to protect your home
We all want to feel safe in our home. Even though most people are worried about their safety at night, robberies are usually carried out during the day, when nobody is at home. Here are some tips on how to improve the security of your home.
- Close all windows and doors when leaving the house.
- If you go out late in the evening, you can leave the lights on and open the curtains to make it seem that someone is at home.
- Do not let a wide circle of people to unnecessarily know when you are going on a vacation.
- Consider installing an intercom and outdoor lights that activate from movement.
- Do not put keys under the mat by the door or in a similar place where they can be easily found.
- Do not attach your name or address to the keys – if you happen to lose them, this would only make the job easier for a burglar.
- If you suspect that there is an intruder in your home, call the police – do not go inside yourself.
- If you suspect that there was an intruder in your home, do not go inside and call the police.
- If you notice something suspicious near your neighbour’s house or apartment, be neighbourly – call the police.